Tight End #18
Junior 6’4 254
- Another productive TE coming out of Stanford with 74rec, 937yards and 8TD.
- Lined up all over the field, in-line, slot and out wide.
- Average speed, clocked at 4.72
- Very good route runner, creates good separation against LB.
- Red zone threat
- Average blocker and needs work in this area to be considered an in-line TE
- Great hands and doesn’t drop many.
- Uses his body well when catching blocking defenders out.
Hooper is yet another TE out of Stanford due to be drafted, following Ertz, Toilolo, Dray and Fleener. Hooper has the potential to be a great TE who can hang around the league for years, he needs to improve on his run blocking, although he is a very willing run blocker and does a nice job moving to the next level, and become less choppy with his feet when running routes. However he does catch the ball well and is fast enough to beat LB in man coverage. He will fit any team that needs a versatile TE, im not saying he is Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski but he can be used like they are at their respective teams. Hooper is an intelligent player and isn’t selfish, doing what he needs to do to make sure the team win. Hooper had a good combine and is in with a shout of being the first TE off the board.