Wide Receiver #19
Senior 6’2 209
- Perfect build for an NFL WR.
- Good speed and strength. Clocking a 4.45 at the combine and a 4.37 at his pro day.
- Fantastic catcher of the ball and makes highlight reel catches look easy.
- Skilled route runner.
- Can be a deep threat.
- Shows DB varying speeds and body positions to make it hard to key on him.
- Good blocker
- Has had a few issues catching the ball, slightly small hands for his size.
- Classroom nut and well liked player.
Peake has the talent, size and intelligence to be a #1 WR in the NFL, his main concern is the occasional drop which is making teams re-evaluate him, he isn’t Julio Jones but i compare the dropping problem to his. Peake was a 5 year senior at Clemson and had to wait to get the starting nod, with WR like Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant and Deandre Hopkins getting the most attention. I believe Peake can become as good as some of the a fore mentioned players but it will all stem on him consistently catching the ball and whether his knees will hold up after having serious knee injuries in college, tearing his ACL in 2013. Scouts are also a little concerned on why he has lived up to his potential but for me I’m not that bothered at the moment and im just waiting to see what he can do in the NFL.