Written by TJ Randall
Allen has made 46 career starts (41 at center), allowing a mind-boggling three sacks in 47 career games.
- Extremely high football I.Q.; can recognize and pick up blitz
- Toughness and durability is highlighted by his 46 career starts
- Unparalleled level of consistency
- Functional strength and anchor
- Uses size and strength to engage blockers and generate drive
- Solid technique
- Lacks physical tools
- Will struggle against bigger and stronger defensive tackles
- Often too aggressive and will fall off blocks; not a great bender
- Can be dominated at point of attack and will need to improve his pad level
The Rimington Trophy Finalist has been invited to the Senior Bowl and is a two-time All-Big Ten First Team selection.
Allen is quite a project with tools that need to be developed or refined but has quality experience against some of college football’s toughest and most talented fronts. His level of consistency and durability makes him an intriguing prospect with a high ceiling.