Junior 6’1″ 205
- Fluid athlete with appropriate hip movement with smooth transition when changing direction.
- Great body control being able to start and stop with ease while still being able to stay in position.
- Sees the field like a quarterback with excellent vision and great instincts with added anticipation.
- Not shy in the run game being a physical defender behind the line of scrimmage.
- Provides great length as a pass rusher and a defensive back.
- Closes well on the ball and the ball carrier.
- Runs like a deer with long strides covering plenty of ground in limited time.
- Struggles at times shaking off blocks and finishing tackles versus bigger ball carriers questioning his overall functional strength.
- Has played both safety and corner at FSU.
Any ounce of versatility is attractive in the eyes of any NFL scout, especially when coming in the secondary and offensive line. Ramsey provides his all-star ability at safety and cornerback but seemingly looks to have his brightest future in the league at corner. His great length for the position provides an advantage in passing lanes with his long arms to disrupt passes at the line of scrimmage or in the secondary (23 PBUs in career). Ramsey’s physical makeup is impressive at the cornerback position and is solid in press coverage on the line but also excels in zone coverages having the ability to read and react with above average instincts. Ramsey is a polished playmaker on a team that has produced plenty of NFL talent and Ramsey should be one of the more highly rated players from Tallahassee in recent memory.
NFL Comparison: Aqib Talib, Broncos
A physical and fluid defender, both are excellent in coverage and can determine the outcome of a game.
Round Value: Top Ten Pick