Tight End #89
Senior 6’5″ 247
Jerell Adams is a former high school basketball standout and you can see the skills he polished on the hardwood now playing out on the gridiron. With 28 receptions for 421 yards and 3 touchdowns, Adams is another converted hoops star to transition into a complete tight end. With his strong showing at the NFL combine, Adams stock is certainly on the rise.
- 2nd on team in receptions and touchdowns in 2015 and averaged 15 yards per catch.
- Productive despite offenses struggles throughout the season.
- Was lined up all over the field. Has size and speed to be a true mismatch.
- Former basketball standout with quick feet.
- Fastest of the TE’s at the combine with a 4.64 40 time.
- Good YAC and fights for extra yardage.
- Fast enough to split cover 2 and work middle of the field.
- Willing blocker who is stronger then he appears.
- Was used in pass protection.
- Uses body well to protect the ball from defenders.
- High points the football.
- Not the most polished route runner.
- Runs most routes standing up.
- Doesn’t adjust to poorly thrown passes.
- Will need time to develop and refine his game.
Adams is one of the top rated tight ends in this years class. During his time at South Carolina he was lined up like today’s NFL Tight Ends and showed the ability to make plays and be an effective blocker. Though he will need time to polish his route running and continue to improve his blocking, Adams should be one of the top 3 tight ends selected in this years draft.
Projected Draft value: 3rd round