Running Back #17
Senior 6’1 210
- Change of pace back for Alabama, playing second string to Derrick Henry.
- Fast RB, clocking a 4.45, 3rd fastest RB at the 2016 scouting combine.
- Good catcher of the ball out of the backfield.
- Great kick/punt returner.
- Quick feet and can break defenders ankles.
- Played ST making tackles and blocked a punt.
- 3rd down RB potential.
- Injury concerns.
- Doesn’t show patience in the running game.
Its not an easy job being the 2nd RB to Derrick Henry, but Drake has been a nice compliment to the bullish running of Henry. Drake is fast and would be a great 3rd down back for most teams, he has issues with not waiting for the hole to open up and either tries to bounce it outside or gets stuck in traffic. Drake has lined up in the slot as well and is a decent catcher of the ball. Drake is a very valuable ST player and contributes with his kick/punt returning skills, and also on defense being a good tackler. Drake has speed to burn and is definitely a home run threat on any play.
Has broke his leg and his right arm at college missing a fair amount of playing time. Drake can become a mainstay in the NFL with his ST capability and outstanding speed, but due to injury concerns and lack of strength he will prbably drop to the 4th round.
Roy Helu Jr