Offensive Tackle #76
RS Senior 6’6″ 300
– Looks athletic for OL
– Tall and long
– Great motor – always trying to get involved, runs to help up ball carrier, runs back to huddle, run to LOS, every play. Attribute suggests high character
– Mirrors well
– Ability to get to the second level
– Needs more weight and strength to get movement in run and anchor in pass pro
– Hand strength to lock on
– Competition questions
– Struggled with Greg Townsend Jr ‘s on first couple drives (speed, speed to power got him off balance and gave up inside, over set) but adjusted well and was sound for the remainder
– Might be fit for zone only right now
– Should definitely be at a camp, possibly draftable just don’t have enough film to say for sure
I came away impressed with Lars’ athleticism and length (34 inch arms). I would say that he’s definitely going to be at a NFL training camp, either by invite or from being drafted (more film would help answer that). I think the questions moving forward will be the competition he played against, and whether he will be able to put on the strength to anchor and run block while maintaining his athleticism.
Also based on his athleticism and length on tape, I’m going to be interested to see how he tests at any combines or pro days. I want to see his numbers is because I could see a move to defense, specifically defensive end. He has the perfect size to play in a 3-4 defense, so if he can show explosiveness in drills or private workouts some others may see the same. Based on the attitude and work ethic that I perceive from his film it doesn’t seem like something that would be out of reach.
Games watched: NFLPA Bowl 2016
Joined us on the Podcast here.